Recently a guy has reached out to me THREE times then continued to ghost me after every time. Before anyone gets mad I told him not to contact me again because what is he doing bro. Also mind you we talked for like three months never really had to exclusive talk but at some point if you're spending almost everyday together you should assume exclusivity. right? Well I lowkey kept ignoring red flags and then the last flag hit me hard which was when my big saw him on a night out with one of his friends (that is a girl), which who cares you honestly should have some diversity in your friend group, but when my big said he was cheating on me he said "we aren't even together." Why was that the straw that broke the camel's back because even if we weren't officially together THAT was his first reply instinct. Now I know my friend shouldn't have ran up on him like that but good thing she did because I'd probably just end up more hurt down the road.
All this had me thinking about a bigger issue though, why are we so dependent for partnership? I mean living life is all about making memories like that one saying "what is a person if not the memories of their loved ones" or something, but why do those memories have to come from a partner? I love my amazing friends and I haven't been this happy ever in my life yet I will still crave a different type of love that I am willing to lose myself for it. Well that is unacceptable I have worked on my self love a lot this summer since I'm not near any of my friends and I am ready to ONLY expect the best!
I do feel you are always making compromises in a relationship but how many is too many?
No comments:
Post a Comment